We want you with us
If you are a science communication trainer (check out our charter to see what we mean by the term), we want you on board with our network! Sign up for our mailing list to stay in the loop with our activities.
Group photo (2019 convening)
Our Fiscal sponsor
We are fiscally sponsored by the Institute for Learning Innovation.
Core Team (the steering committee)
- Elyse Aurbach, Ph.D., University of Michigan
- Darcy Gentleman, Ph.D., DJG Communications LLC
- Rose Hendricks, Ph.D., American Society for Cell Biology & ComSciCon
- Eve Klein, M.Ed., Institute for Learning Innovation
- Jai Ranganathan, Ph.D., SciFund Challenge
- Chloe Poston, Ph.D., SciComm Trainers Network Weaver
Task Forces (committees focused on specific tasks)
- Convenings: focused on how the Network connects at convenings and between them,
- Expanding the community: focused on growing the Network in an inclusive and sustainable manner.
- Justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI): focused on heightening the centrality of JEDI, both internally within the Network as well as to science communication training efforts more broadly.
- Mapping the network: focused on creating a public-facing inventory of the science communication training that is occurring.
- Online hub: focused on creating a set of online resources for the Network as well as for science communication trainers more generally.
- Research & practice: focused on developing a curated synthesis of the research that informs science communication training.
The idea of the SciComm Trainers Network first sprang out a series of workshops that were held in late 2017-early 2018 that you can read about here. The Network was initially lead by Amanda Stanley, Ph.D. (Executive Director, COMPASS) and Laura Lindenfeld, Ph.D. (Executive Director, Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science). Under their leadership, convenings of the Network were held in 2018 and 2019 (which you can read about here and here).