View our Strategic Plan
The Science Communication Trainers Network strategic plan provides a framework for the Network’s activities for the next three years. This plan will support and maintain the principles and priorities of the Network as detailed in the Network’s charter, allowing for shared leadership and new ideas to emerge within the objectives and goals of this plan.
Our Fiscal sponsor
We are fiscally sponsored by the Institute for Learning Innovation.
The SciComm Trainers Network is led by a core group of individuals who are responsible for providing the scaffolding to allow the Network to develop and grow.
- Karlisa Callwood, The Perry Institute
- Suzanne Ffolkes, Florida Atlantic University
- Claire Holesovsky, Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science
- Marina Joubert, Stellenbosch University
- John Meyer, University of Washington
- Temis Taylor, Utah State University and EXACT Communications
- Marissa Weiss, Harvard Forest
- Chloe Poston, Ph.D., SciComm Trainers Network Weaver
The idea of the SciComm Trainers Network originated from a series of workshops that were held in late 2017-early 2018 that you can read about here. The Network was initially lead by Amanda Stanley, Ph.D. (Executive Director, COMPASS) and Laura Lindenfeld, Ph.D. (Executive Director, Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science). Under their leadership, convenings of the Network were held in 2018 and 2019 (which you can read about here and here).